Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Punished for Procrastination

I may have mentioned it before, but just in case you didn't know, I'm the world's biggest procrastinator. Yes, that was me scurrying around the grocery store at 7pm this evening. List in hand, trying to maneuver a front heavy cart around, hoping I don't miss anything so I don't have to make a trip to the store in the morning.

I got to the turkey aisle. A frozen turkey was out of the question because there wasn't enough thawing time so I was forced to pay 3x the amount for a "fresh" turkey that was half frozen. Not only is it half frozen but it is twenty pounds. They were all out of turkeys below twenty pounds.

This is crazy because there are only going to be four adults at the table. I was considering a turkey of maybe 10 - 12 pounds. We will be eating turkey for a month. I'm sending everyone home with as much turkey as I can pawn off on them.

Tonight I made two loaves of bread, fresh cranberry sauce and I stuffed the turkey with oranges, lemons, limes, garlic and dill. It's in the fridge now but it was soaking in water all night to thaw it as much as possible.

Well, I guess I will go to bed now so I can wake up early and get the turkey in the oven. I wouldn't normally get up early but a twenty pounder takes most of the day to cook if you want an early serving time.

By the way, I did forget something at the store. Chicken stock for the stuffing. I'll be sending my husband in the morning.

No comments: