Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

College is Fun

I'm really having a good time in all my classes. I was scared at first. I really didn't know what to expect. I had way too much fun in college the first time around 15 years ago. I had so much fun that I didn't do so well. College is fun now for all the right reasons. I enjoy the discussion. I love learning.

It's amazing how much college has changed over the last 15 years. Wow, I can't believe it's been quite that long, but it has. My laptop and I are one. I'm taking 4 classes on campus and 3 online. It's kind of crazy.

I got a 100% and a 90% on two Biology quizzes so far. I'm excited about that. My first intermediate algebra class went well. It's been over twenty years since I've sat in an algebra class so I was frightened to say the least. I did brush up this summer. I think I've prepared myself well. I start my English 102 course in the middle of October as well as my American History class. The others are required PE and Health courses. I will have all general education requirements done except for one. I will take that class next semester and then I can really concentrate on all my science and math courses.

I meet a lot of young kids in my classes who just aren't taking their education seriously. I see myself (15 years ago) in them. I just want to shake them and scream at them. They have no idea what they are doing to themselves. I didn't. At least now I have the opportunity to fix it!

No comments: