Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years Later

Of course I remember where I was, what I was doing and the emotions and disbelief that filled my soul.  10, 20 or 50 years later, that will never change.  The tears I've shed watching the television the last two days are as if I was transported right back to that moment.  It will not change.  It can't be undone. 

As we go through life, many things happen that we wish we could just turn back time and warn people about impending disaster.  If we could would they believe us?  If someone told me on September 10, 2001 that within 24 hours we would be attacked by terrorists and thousands would die, I would have laughed and called them crazy.  No one could ever breach the defense of this country.  Well, it did happen and there isn't anything that anyone can do about it.  

So what now? 

We go on with life.  A new appreciation for life.  Love your life and the people in it.  The stories of bravery and humanity that come out of this disaster have lived for 10 years and I pray that they live on for hundreds or thousands of years after this.  My favorite quote from this weekend was made by Joe Biden, of all people, at the memorial for flight 93 in Shanksville, PA.  He was quoting something his mother told him many times when he was young.  She would tell him that courage lies in every heart and some day it will be summoned.  That's a quote that I will keep with me.

May God comfort the families and friends who suffered the loss of life on that dark day 10 years ago.
Never forget the bravery.
Never forget the sacrifice.

9/11/01 ~ NEVER FORGET

No comments: