Pages

Monday, January 22, 2007

Crazy Days

No, I have not blogged in a week. Yes, I am still alive. I'm trying to do so many things right now that one thing always suffers. I don't know why I cannot just focus on one thing and get it done. I guess that's just not how I work.

Some things that I'm working on:

1. Knitting a scarf that I promised my aunt.
2. Planning stages of a home business.
3. Taking care of my children.
4. Weaning my 10 1/2 month old baby, Lucianna, so I can take medication that I need to clear up an annoying and repulsive winter skin condition on my face.
5. Blogging.
6. Planning meals for a low carb diet each day (eleven pounds gone and still working). My husband usually does most of the meal planning but he is gone for the next seven days.

These are the things I want to get done but everything is moving at a snails slimy crawl. It's very frustrating.

Knitting has helped relax me lately. I've found that I really enjoy it. I also crochet. So far I've knitted three scarves. I have one more smaller scarf for my three year old to do, then I will move on to something harder. I haven't decided just what to move on to though. I have found time to watch my new favorite TV show, "Knitty Gritty" and have gotten some great ideas. Their camera angle helps me to correct mistakes in my technique as well.

My husband and I have been low carbing since Jan. 3rd. Late start on our yearly same old, same old, resolution. That's okay. This year I'm feeling much better about it and doing well. I haven't exercised as much as I'd like, but I'll get there.

I'm trying to wean my little Lucianna but she is so stubborn. She's just not ready. She will not drink out of a bottle or a sippy cup. I think I have bought every kind of each one on the market. She's doing well eating table food even though she doesn't have any teeth yet. We have found that anything with any kind of milk product in it gives her hives. Out of all three children, she's the only one that has any kind of food allergy.

Chris is gone on business for a week so just the daily tasks of child care wear me out. He helps with straightening up and dishes. When he's gone for so long, I'm lucky to get a shower. It doesn't seem like my children can all sleep at the same time for any length of time.

I'm working on a home business. It's in the planning and set up stages so I won't go into detail. I'm just going to say that I've fallen in love with the idea of this business and I cannot wait to get started.

Hopefully I get back here to blog more this week, but only time (which I never seem to have enough of) will tell!

No comments: