Pages

Friday, January 26, 2007

The Great Doctor Search Will Begin!


It's cold and the two youngest are sick again. This time it's a snotty nose and a cough that obviously hurts. We'll see how the weekend goes, but this time I might have to find a doctor. I say find a doctor because since we moved in October, no one has had the need for a regular family doctor. Since no one had the need, I didn't look for one. Not very smart on my part. I hate looking for a new family doctor. There are so many rules.


1. Insurance company says we must go to their network.

2. Monica says the doctor must be a female.

3. I require a Doctor who has urgent care appointments. It's likely the only time she'll ever see us. My kids aren't sick very often (Monica has never missed a day of school due to sickness) but when they do get sick, it comes on fast and furious.


There are more rules too. I will immediately drop a doctor that makes me wait more than an hour in a 6 x 6 foot exam room with three children. This has happened before and I was none too happy about it. Talk about claustrophobic!


I don't mind waiting but I hate doctors who make you wait for over an hour (be it in the waiting room or exam room) because they overbook but on the one occasion that I was 16 minutes late to my appointment for my 4 day old infant who was premature they were totally rude and told me not to do it again. So sorry. I just had a baby and am toting a rambunctious two year old to boot!


Wow! I didn't mean for this to be a doctor bashing post, but I guess that's what happened. Just a little frustration coming out as I deal with the fact that I'm going to have to do this all over again.

No comments: