Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

For the past 4 years I have been immersed in college.  My life was school work.  Well now that it is over, I don't have that looming workload over my head constantly.  I can do things like read, crochet, knit and other relaxing projects.  About a week ago Alex asked me to make her a blanket.  I couldn't say no to her so guess what the current project is?  It's a blanket / afghan.



Here's the beginning of my project after one 7 oz skein of yarn.  It is 46 inches wide and 11 inches tall.  I am guessing that I will be using approximately 3 lbs of yarn because I want it to be on the bigger side so that the blanket is something that she can grow with.

I'm using worsted weight yarn, a J hook and a slanted shell stitch pattern.  I started with a chain of 172.  You have to chain a multiple of 5 then add 2.  This is a link to a tutorial for the slanted shell stitch pattern.  I've used this stitch pattern before for blankets.  It is very durable.

Luci saw this and likes it so much that I have to make her one too.  If I make one for the two then I have to make one for my oldest daughter.  Maybe I'll be done by Christmas?  My hands are going to be busy for a while!

No comments: