Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Miserable Night at Work

What a miserable night at work.  I hate my job but am thankful to have it right now.  I work part time at a shoe store in the mall.  That is NOT what I spent the last 4 years in college to do but that's what's available to me now. 

People are pigs.  I found a dirty diaper and a half eaten sub when I was straightening up tonight.  If you are like that at home fine.  But seriously, people come out in public and expect me to pick up this mess.  Hey, if you get ten pairs of shoes off the shelves, at least make an effort to put them back.  I don't pick up after my children like that!

Whenever anyone is in a customer service, hospitality or retail job, it seems as if there is a certain percentage of the population who automatically thinks that you are subservient to them.  It's not the people who you'd think would act this way either. 

Oh yeah and I'm going to say that if you knew what I knew (and see every day) you'd never buy a pair of shoes again.  People sliding their dirty, nasty, unsocked foot into every shoe they can get there hands on.  Yuck!  That's all I can say!

No comments: