Pages

Friday, August 11, 2006

Vacation Almost Over

Well, every vacation must come to an end. This one is almost over. I have to say that we have had a wonderful time but I'm glad we are going home tomorrow. I can tell that the baby misses her crib. My husband is tired of driving (although when I offer to drive he won't let me). Monica has been carsick a few times and Alexandra is downright restless. It will be nice to go home.

We hit every place we could possibly cram into a 4 day 3 night stay in Baltimore. It was an AWESOME family vacation. We came to the hotel every evening and crashed just to get up the next morning and do it all over again.

I'm so sorry I couldn't post on a daily basis, but the hotel that said they had wifi in every room really did not. We couldn't connect anywhere but the lobby and I really didn't feel safe down there at night. Our hotel wasn't in the greatest part of town. We did expect that considering the deal we got. We decided to do it that way and spend more money on the fun stuff. And fun we did have!

Day 1 we went to Port Discovery Children's Museum and the Top of the World Observation. I wish we had more time in the museum for the children. It is an awesome, interactive, hands on adventure for all ages. Top of the World is the Baltimore Trade Center's 27th floor which overlooks the entire city. It was quite a site and the skies were clear so everything was visible.

Day 2 we went to the National Aquarium. It was just as awesome as I remember and even more. It's very pricy but I felt like it was worth it. It ended up being an all day affair. My husband and I did draw the line in the cafeteria though. We refused to pay $3.50 for the 20 oz bottle of soda. It was water fountains for us.

Day 3 we went to the U.S.S. Constellation and the Maryland Science Center. We had a great time at both and toured the harbour on the water taxi this day as well.

Day 4 we went to Fort McHenry and the Maryland Zoo. Another great day. We were done at 4:30 pm and raced out of town to beat rush hour traffic on the beltway.

We ate at places like Phillips Seafood Buffet at Harborplace and Captain James Landing and Crabhouse. We also ate at places like Chik Filet and Pizza Delight. We had one nice meal and one cheaper one each day.

I will have plenty of pics to post throughout the week!

No comments: