Pages

Saturday, July 29, 2006

A Good Cry

Have you ever just started crying over ....well, nothing. That happened to me today. Well, actually, I was crying over something, but it was a good thing. Can I tell you exactly what that thing was? No I cannot. I can tell you it was an amazing release.

I was sitting at the dining room table with my laptop. I was holding the baby and my two year old, Alexandra was sitting on my lap as well. We were listening to Todd Agnew's "Grace Like Rain" (my new favorite song) then Third Day's "Agnus Dei" and Alex was bopping to the music and singing along with her own version of the songs. I was singing and the baby was looking at me smiling.

I don't know what happened, but I couldn't handle it. It was like I saw so much beauty and grace at once. The beauty of innocence. The beauty of unconditional love. The beauty of being so blessed. The beauty of children. The grace of God. I realized that the chaos of my life covers up so much beauty. For a moment, God took every bit of chaos in my life away, and let me see what I am really striving for on a daily basis. He gave me a glimpse of what I can have if I just have faith.

I didn't cry for a long time. It was a short, quiet cry. I feel so much better. God is working in my life and I really feel that He has a plan for me to do His work. I haven't felt that way for a long time.

I wanted to put the two songs on this post so you could hear them if you're not familiar. I'm not quite that web / html savvy.

No comments: